This recipe is really quick and a good choice for a busy day as it’s high in healthy fats and protein which keep you sustained and will get you through to lunch without feeling hungry.
Plus it’s packed full of nutrients such as potassium, B Vits, Vitamin E and zinc to keep your skin glowing and radiant. Mackerel is one of the rare food sources of Vitamin D which is vital to our bodies and to be honest, living in the UK, most of us our deficient in this amazing nutrient. We add lemon zest to as many foods as possible as it contains a powerful antioxidant called limonene which is very protective to our cells and also helps the liver to detoxify. The zest also adds a delicous flavour to this breakfast and a lovely fresh start to the day.
To maximise the nutritional value of this meal we like to serve it with watercress, a liver-friendly cruciferous veg that is high in vitamin C and really cleansing to our bodies. We like to serve on our homemade soda bread or alternatively use good quality sourdough, or wholegrain bread.
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 1 fillet smoked mackerel flaked
- 2 slices sourdough or wholegrain bread
- zest half a lemon
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 chives optional
- 1 handful watercress optional
- Oxytrol for women where to buy
- Online doctor provigil
- Buy cialis without a prescription
- Amoxil 500mg price
- Can you get allopurinol without a prescription
- Lotensin tablet online
- Can you buy over the counter verapamil
- Buy real avelox online
- Buy lasix online
- Toast the bread until golden. Cover with the sliced avocado and mackerel.
- Grate the lemon zest over the top and sprinkle with black pepper and chives (if using).
- Serve with a watercress on the side.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and please don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to keep up with the latest nutrition news, healthy recipes and articles written by your Nutritional Therapists Emma and Caroline.