Our turmeric tea is based on a traditional Ayurvedic recipe for a medicinal drink but it tastes so great we drink it all the time. Its main nutritional highlight is turmeric which is a wonder spice being a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is also anti-microbial so this drink is great for boosting the immune system, especially if you feel you are coming down with something. We add black pepper to give it a little kick but more importantly it helps us absorb more curcumin making the nutritional properties more effective.
Combined with the ginger, the drink is great for any pain and inflammation; it helps the liver to detoxify, boosts circulation and supports the immune system. It can also help calm the gut. It’s so easy to make and has so many great health properties it’s become very popular with our friends and clients.
The manuka honey is optional but research shows that this honey is also a potent antimicrobial and as such adds further protection for keeping the bugs at bay and soothing any sore throats.
- 2 cups almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 stick cinnamon or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 7 black pepper corns
- 1 tsp manuka honey optional
- Can you buy over the counter verapamil
- Buy lasix online
- Online doctor provigil
- Oxytrol for women where to buy
- Place all the ingredients (except the honey) into a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes then strain to remove the ginger, pepper and cinnamon.
- Allow to cool before stirring in the honey (if using).
This simple, yet effective recipe is taken from our app which features over 100 healthy recipes designed to maximise health and wellbeing. You can download it here!