Gingerbread bunny recipe
- 350 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 45 g coconut sugar or unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Put the flour, ginger, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and butter into a processor and mix well until the ingredients resemble small breadcrumbs.
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs and molasses to the processor and mix until the dough comes together and start to form a ball.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in baking paper and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Lightly dust a flat surface with flour and roll the dough out (about 4 mm thick). Cut into shapes and using a spatula or palette knife carefully lay each shape onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 25 minutes or until the biscuits are turning golden. Leave to cool on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water (a bain marie). Fill an icing pen with the chocolate and carefully decorate the biscuits.
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment