This is an incredibly refreshing Mexican salsa, delicious served with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to fish or meat. We particularly love it with summer barbecues.
More mangoes are consumed by more people in the world on a regular basis than apples. This is a great thing as they are an excellent source of nutrients including carotenes, B vitamins and vitamin C. They are also rich in soluble fibre – the kind that binds to cholesterol and helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
The health benefits of mangoes are mainly due to their high levels of antioxidants and phytochemicals. These have been studied and found to have potent anti-cancer effects as well as being anti-viral. Contrary to popular belief, mangoes don’t have a significant effect on blood glucose levels so can be enjoyed by those who are trying to keep their blood sugar levels steady.
- 1 mango cut into very small cubes
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion1 finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Finely chop the mango and place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a fork, combine all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed, crush slightly to blend the flavours.