- Peel the squash and scrub the sweet potato and beetroot. Using a mandolin or food processor finely slice all the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add the olive oil and salt, rub the oil over the slices.
- Lay as many slices as you can fit directly onto a baking tray or on parchment paper (do not use baking paper as they stick to that). Ensure that the slices do not overlap. I usually have 3 trays in the oven. The veg shrink in size after about 10 minutes so you can add the rest of the slices when there is space.
- Bake in the oven at 100 degrees celsius for up to 3 hours - if you increase the temperature they will cook faster but you'll need to keep an eye that they don't burn.
- Once the slices begin to curl, turn them over and continue baking.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool - they crisp up further when cool.
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment