Chocolate marzipan bites recipe
- 1.5 cups ground almonds
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp rose water or vanilla extract
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Place all the ingredients (except chocolate) in a food processor or a mixing bowl and combine. I tend to just use a bowl and a fork to save on washing up. You can add more almonds if the mix seems to wet but it does harden up further in the fridge.
- Remove from the bowl and gently kneed with your hands for a minute before wrapping in clingfilm. Leave to harden in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and roll the marzipan into small balls. Place the balls in the freezer for half an hour (I usually leave them in there for days!).
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Drop each ball into the melted chocolate and remove with two forks letting any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Lay the balls onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave to set in the fridge.
Share this Recipe