Digestive Health Test with Test Interpretation Consultation
Digestive issues can be debilitating and impact your quality of life. Trying to work out what’s causing them can often lead you in circles particularly if you’ve been told by your doctor that there’s ‘nothing wrong’ or if you’ve been diagnosed with IBS. Digestive symptoms are never ‘normal’ and this test can be helpful if you’re struggling with digestive issues that your doctor has not been able to shed light on – including gas and bloating, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, food sensitivities or abdominal pain. It is also an appropriate test if you have been diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Coeliac Disease.
And because the gut impacts so many areas of health, this test is also our preferred initial test when we are evaluating and identifying potential root causes of other health issues such as:
- Skin problems (acne rosacea, psoriasis, eczema)
- Hormonal issues
- Chronic inflammation
- Diabetes and weight issues
- Joint ache
- Neurodegeneration/neurodevelopmental conditions
By testing we can create targeted and individualised plans to help you get results faster. Testing instead of guessing fast-tracks protocols, meaning no wasted time and money working blindly with a scatter-gun approach trying to address everything that ‘might’ be wrong. Whilst this might work for a while and for some people, for most, there comes a point where a focused approach just works better.
Please note that it’s really important you’ve discussed any digestive symptoms you have with a doctor in advance of doing this test.
What does the Digestive Health test look at?
- Your unique microbiome
- The balance within your bacterial populations, including normal and commensal bacteria, dysbiotic bacteria, bacterial autoimmune triggers, pathogenic bacteria
- How your micobiome may be impacting your gut immune system
- Yeast and H.pylori infections
- Parasite and worm infections
- Markers of digestive function (enzymes for fat and protein)
- Inflammation in the gut and what may be causing it
- Efficient liver elimination of hormones
We have written more about the importance of the microbiome and how it impacts all aspects of our health here.
Your Digestive Health Test Interpretation Package includes:
- A home stool test (one day stool sample, suitable for all ages but children must be out of nappies) with full instructions
- Analysis of your symptoms questionnaire, health history and food diary
- A 45 minute Test Interpretation Consultation with an Eat Drink Live Well Clinic Nutritional Therapist in our Virtual Clinic
- Dietary, lifestyle and if appropriate, supplement recommendations based on your test results
- Test Interpretation Handbook for your own use
- Digestive Health Recipe E-book
- Discount code for supplements and other Eat Drink Live Well Clinic programmes
If you are outside the UK please contact us before ordering to see if we can ship to your region.
What you need to do:
- Once your order is placed you will be sent an order confirmation and a link to our online Eat Drink Live Well Clinic intake forms and symptoms questionnaire. These need to be completed before your Test Interpretation Consultation can go ahead.
- Your test kit will arrive in the post. A single stool specimen is required, simply follow the instructions on the test package, noting that your sample should be taken Sunday-Wednesday only to ensure it reaches the laboratory by Thursday latest.
- Post your sample for next day delivery directly back to the laboratory, following the instructions given within the test package.
- Once the lab receives your sample, turnaround time is approximately 12 working days.
- When your results are returned to the Eat Drink Live Well Clinic by the laboratory, we’ll send you a booking link to schedule your Test Interpretation Consultation.
Alongside any functional laboratory test we feel it’s really important that you have a good understanding of what your results mean. Our Test Interpretation Consultations are designed to give you a basic overview of the test and the findings, including how these may relate to your reported symptoms. We are not medical doctors and do not diagnose or treat – which is why we ask that you have discussed your symptoms with your doctor prior to undertaking your Digestive Health test with the Eat Drink Live Well Clinic.
Please note that the time allotted to your Test Interpretation Consultation does not allow time for your Nutritional Therapist to evaluate and assess all the aspects of your health that we would consider in normal clinic consultations. For a more comprehensive personal nutrition programme we require a more in-depth health history and detailed consultation. If you are interested in this, we would recommend you book an initial consultation following your Test Interpretation Consultation.
Your Test Interpretation Consultation must take place within 3 months of placing the test order.
Testing Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Due to the fees we incur after a test order is placed, we are unfortunately not able to offer refunds, returns or exchanges on Test Interpretation Consultation orders
- After you place the order, completing the test is your own responsibility
- The Test Interpretation Consultation that is included in the price of the test must take place within 3 months of placing the test order.
- Once we receive your test results, we will upload them to an online portal and send an email instructing you how to access them.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions