At the Eat Drink Live Well Nutrition Clinic we create a Personalised Nutrition Programme for you. We love creating recipes, writing articles and running nutrition workshops but being in clinic and working with people to improve their diet and optimise their health is ultimately why we trained initially as Registered Nutritional Therapists and more recently as Functional Medicine Practitioners.
We have a broad range of clinical experience with:
- Digestive Wellness: including IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Coeliac Disease, Bloating, Reflux, Constipation, and SIBO
- Food Intolerances and Allergies
- Energy and Vitality
- Cardiovascular Health: high cholesterol, blood pressure, homocysteine
- Women’s Health: PMS, Menopause, PCOS, Endometriosis, Fertility and Pregnancy
- Mental Health: memory, concentration, irritability, anxiety, stress, depression, brain fog
- Metabolic Health: weight management, blood sugar balance, Insulin Resistance
- Skin: psoriasis, eczema and acne
- Immune Support: colds, infections, hayfever
- Autoimmune conditions: Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS, psoriasis, coeliac disease
- Structural: arthritis and osteoporosis
- Sports Nutrition
We also regularly run our 2 week Detox Programme and 1 week Reboot Programme on an individual or small group basis – for those who want a quick dietary kick-start.
The EDLW Approach
We’re both Registered Nutritional Therapists with BANT and CNHC, and we work with the Institute for Functional Medicine, following a Functional Medicine approach to nutrition – we don’t subscribe to the ‘pill for an ill’ approach – even if the ‘pill’ is a natural one!
The most important question in Functional Medicine is ‘why?’ Why are your health symptoms there? What do you need to do less of and what do you need to do more of in order to allow your body to rebalance? To learn more about our Functional Medicine approach, click here.
We use our clinical experience, the information you give us, and if appropriate, results of relevant laboratory tests to formulate your own Personalised Nutrition Programme. There isn’t, and shouldn’t be one right ‘diet’ for everyone – we’re all different so what we eat and drink should be different.
We’ll give you tools to make the changes too – if you’re anything like us, you’ll have a hectic and demanding lifestyle so our recipe suggestions are quick and easy options, and are available on our website or the EDLW app.
We offer clinic locations in London and Sevenoaks, Kent as well as via our Virtual Online Clinic. This means that if you’re unable to visit our clinic in person we’re now able to offer you an online option, wherever you’re located. This is a simple solution – you just need a wifi-connected computer, tablet – or mobile and we’ll send you a link to click on at your consultation time.
Our Functional Medicine approach to wellness means that we’ll ask for a some investment from you in terms of time before we meet – we’ll ask you to complete a comprehensive questionnaire and diet diary and submit it to us before your appointment. It’s probably the most detailed questionnaire you ever have been asked to complete regarding your health – and you’ll need to allocate some time – but it’s important in order that we can do our research before we meet you.
During your consultation we’ll work together on your Personalised Nutrition Programme (PNP) – covering dietary recommendations, as well as supplement and test suggestions if appropriate.
Afterwards we’ll email you a written record of your PNP and we provide 8 weeks of email support to keep you motivated.
Is the EDLW Nutrition Clinic right for you?
- You’re tired of health symptoms you just can’t shift, or that no one can shed light on
- You’re willing to invest your time to complete our forms, come to our clinic and work with us on your Personalised Nutrition Programme
- You want someone to work out which ‘diet’ you should be following – no more second guessing whether you should be drinking juices, eating gluten or being Paleo
- You want evidence-based, research-backed nutritional recommendations from Registered Nutritional Therapists – fully trained and fully insured
- You’re happy for us to work alongside your other healthcare providers, including your doctor or other medical consultant
We don’t always use functional laboratory tests, but we find that often test results can provide that extra bit of ‘missing’ information to really provide a truly Personalised Nutrition Programme for you.
Tests we use frequently include:
- Nutrigenomic Testing: how your genetic predisposition may influence your health
- NutrEval: an evaluation of nutritional status including digestive support, antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals and Essential Fatty Acids
- Digestive Wellness: gut flora, parasitology, intestinal permeability (‘leaky gut’), SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
- Vitamin D
- Food Allergy and Intolerance (IgE mediated and non-IgE mediated inflammatory reactions)
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Profiles: cholesterol particle size, triglycerides, homocysteine, clotting factors and inflammatory markers
- Metabolic: including glucose, insulin and HbA1c
- Stress: Cortisol and Adrenal Stress Profiles
- Hormones: including sex hormones (oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone) and thyroid hormone
- Essential Fatty Acid Analysis: including Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fats
- Initial Consultation: 75 minutes
- Review: 45 minutes
- Review: 30 minutes
To book an appointment or to schedule a free, 15 minute consultation to find out more about how the Eat Drink Live Well Nutrition Clinic can help you, contact us here.